OH, I can think of so many things to write about - things that have been circling around in my mind about things that I'm learning as well as all of the things I want to say about my girls. For now, here are a couple of cute things I don't want to forget.
The last week or so Keira has been asking how to say things in Spanish - I think because Seasame Street does a lot of stuff in Spanish. She has been "trying it out", so to speak. She surprised me the other night when she wanted to have the music turned up in the car...she told me she wanted it turned up. She knows better - she needs to ASK and say please. Here's the conversation:
K: "Mom, turn up the music."
Me: "Excuse me? I'm not sure I understood you."
K: "Por favor! Turn up the music?"
LOL! Okay! It surprised me how easily she used it in the right context.
The next cute thing she did was yesterday on the way to church, she was talking. I wanted some time to think without having to answer a hundred questions so I told her to play the "quiet game". After a couple of minutes she told me she was bored. I told her she could talk in her head, and she said, "Well, I can't talk in my head. God is talking in there!" I was again, pleasantly surprised so I asked her what God was saying to her. She said, "Well, He's saying, I love you dear, Keira." CUTE!
I told her I hoped she always is able to hear God's voice that clearly.
Mia is still learning her words but that kid takes in a lot more than she communicates. Last night, the beginning os Extreme Makeover Home Edition was on and the people on it were crying. She comes over to me and leans her head to the side and says, "Mama" points to the TV "sad". "Why mama, saaad??" She was concerned for the people on TV who were crying. I tried to explain it to her the best I could that they had had hard times and they were sad. She seemed to understand a little - she nodded and stared at least. I was amazed at how she was visibly moved by the emotion she saw in front of her. She has a sensitive heart for how rough and tumble she can be.
one on one time - Gabey
11 years ago
1 comment:
Mia is such a sweet girl. I love that smile of hers
the por favor story has me LMAO
Ha ha ha!!! love it!
Post a Comment